Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Yesterday, All My Troubles Seemed So Far Away....

Breathe... It's something that I needed to keep reminding myself to do yesterday. It wasn't an awful day, but one of those that was just unexpectedly busy.

Josh turned 26 yesterday! For some reason, 26 was a hard number for both of us to admit to turning. I have no idea why. I expected either 25 or 30, or both, but no, it was 26. He had to go to school and work, so we didn't get to do much. I used to try really hard to make his birthday amazing and special. Growing up, there were 7 kids in his family, so birthdays didn't get to be that special. But, over the years, other things have taken precedence unfortunately,  like it does when we grow up. However, he did score some pretty cool presents!

I knew I wanted to get him Go Radio's new album. He listened to it almost every morning on YouTube, so that was an easy gift to figure out.



 But that didn't seem like enough.
I went to our trusty threadless.com to find him some t-shirts. They had an awesome half off sale, so he was able to get two shirts for the price of one! Yay! for savings!
Sawyer actually picked out the designs this time and he was so proud of himself! Honestly, I was proud of him too, because he has great taste!



I can never wait until Josh's birthday or Christmas to give him his gifts, so he got them as they came in the mail.

Saturday, Sawyer and I went to a day event for our Cub Scout pack. He was having a blast until he got this weird rash and shortly after, a high fever. So he got to stay home from school yesterday and today. Of course he's mad that he doesn't get to go to school, so he's been grumpy at me all morning.

We are unexpectedly upgrading to iPhone now. Sofia gave my phone a bath either in a cup or the toilet- we'll just say a cup. Now it doesn't work and I've been without a phone for an entire day now. It seems like it would be more peaceful without one, but I'm constantly wondering, "Who's trying to call me? I don't have an alarm now! Was there anything on that phone that I needed to take off?!" I really hate change, but this is something we've needed to do for years now. I'm cheap, I can't help it.

I also voted yesterday as you guys know. What I didn't tell you, was that I had a slight panic attack when I got to the booth. Okay, to be honest, I had a moment in the car before I went in because I was afraid I would have a panic attack in the booth! Ridiculous! I panicked because I was worried about panicking?!
I was okay standing in line, but I froze when it came time to actually push buttons. I was afraid I was going to hit he wrong candidate and the jargon they use for the special issues confused me! I eventually got through it, but I felt like I was sweating bullets by the end.

Since I didn't have a phone, I had forgotten there was a committee meeting for Boy Scouts, so my sister showed up at my house to pick me up, but I had no idea what was going on. She reminded me and I got to spend the next hour-and-a-half hanging out with friends. I just love our scouts.

So, that was my Monday in a nutshell!

P.S. On the Go Radio album, there's a song called "Go to Hell" where they sing that exact line... LOUDLY. I happened to be driving home this morning listening to it with the window cracked when I had to slow down for a dog. I didn't notice the dog's owners standing in the yard when that line blared out the speakers. I got a "Who do you think you are look". It all just happened to happen so perfectly that it seemed like I was telling them to go to hell because their dog was in the road. I got a chuckle out of it, but they didn't.

Anyways,
Happy Tuesday!
-Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment