Thursday, November 8, 2012

Things I'm Obsessed With: Nerd Edition

Those who know me, know I'm a bit of a geek/nerd/ dork... whatever you want to call it.
So, I thought I would share some of my obsessions with you today.

First, we have Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr. Bean)

I LOVE this man. I would have easily dated him before I was married. He's hilarious and he's not afraid to make fun of himself, two things that make a man incredibly attractive to me. A bit different, I know. But who loves cookie-cutter men?






 Up next is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

This is a fandom that I couldn't even imagine would have grown as large as it did. I have been a fan of My Little Pony since Gen 1, but this generation of ponies is, in my opinion, the best! Whenever I'm having a bad day, a few episodes of ponies is the cure-all. They're so positive, but in a hilarious way. Not to mention, they throw pop culture references in the episodes. Legit. Pinkie Pie is my favorite by far! Can a female be a "Brony"?


 
Dr. Whooves
This last picture is a great segue into my next obsession.... Dr.Who.

I was introduced to this show only last year, but it has taken over my Facebook. You can't really explain Dr.Who. It one of those shows that you have to watch to understand the depth behind it. It's hard to believe there's anything deep about it when the monsters are so cheesy, but if anything, you can watch it just to see David Tennant!






Next, cult classic movies- The dark kind.

I want my kids to grow up as twisted as I am, so they don't look at me like I'm crazy. Therefore, I must expose them young. Since the beginning of Summer, we've been watching...

Edward Scissorhands-

The Labyrinth- David Bowie, another man I would have loved to get my hands on...











 And The Dark Crystal-




                                                 
                                                                                                                                                  
Of course there have been more, but I can't think of them right now.

Then we have Self-Help books.

Not those "breathe deep and think happy thoughts'' books. More like insightful, sarcastic, relatable books. Everyone needs a dose of "I'm-not-crazy-and-the-only-person-who-feels-this-way" every now and then. A couple of my favorites have been...



Now we have a couple of websites.

First, Failbook.
It's people's fails on Facebook. Plus, there are NUMEROUS categories for fandoms, texts, parenting, dating, etc... This yet another thing that makes me deliriously happy. This site is almost ALWAYS open in a tab on our computer.

Next, iwastesomuchtime.com/.

One that I check periodically throughout the day. It's a mishmash of funny, sweet, silly memes, stories, and pictures. It not only makes me laugh, but sometimes the posts make you think. Love it!

So, those are my obsessions lately. I hope you're inspired to check some of these things out!

Happy obsessing!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment