Monday, November 5, 2012

Breathe... It's Almost Over

Yep! I sure did! My vote is cast and now we wait and see.

Regardless of your political affiliation or opinions, I want you to vote. It's empowering to know that I have a voice (which is occasionally loud) when it comes to what happens in my community and country.

As I stood in the line waiting to cast my vote, I looked around and beamed from ear to ear. There were so many different kinds of people, young and older. I expect a large turnout from people in their mid-twenties and older to vote, but I saw an incredible amount of most likely first-time voters today.

It's not only an incredibly important voting year for our country, but for our state, city, and county as well. There were a lot of decisions to make and I'm confident in my vote.

There's been so much negativity towards our presidential candidates. I know there always is, I'm not jaded. And I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would hope that you consider others feelings, opinions, religions, sexual preferences, and living preferences before you blast your opinion out there.

Regardless of who runs our country, we are all people, and we are all in this together. We are teaching our children that we were put on this Earth to help others, to live life to the fullest through helping others. Don't get lost in the silliness of politics, y'all. While they are important, remember to also focus on your home, your family, your friends, and neighbors. We can't completely control what happens in our capitol, but we can control most of what happens right in front of us.

Cliche, I know, but peace and love. They can't change everything in the world, but they can make this cruel place bearable.

Happy voting!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment