Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hey, There! Memba me?

Wow! It's been FOREVER since I've posted! I honestly had trouble even remembering how to work this thing. 

No one really reads this blog anyways, so I feel this might be a safe place to share. I have something that I hope will be big (eventually) in the works, but it all started with this book. It's called the Happiness Project. 

I have a good life, I mean a REALLY good life. Yes, there are everyday stresses like finances, education, and time management that always rear their ugly heads to deflate me sometimes, but if I look at the QUALITY of my life, I couldn't have it any better. My husband is smart, caring, and a great provider. He's never done anything that has truly hurt me, and goes out of his way to make me feel validated. My kids are smart and well on their way to being people who change the world.
We own our home, have three vehicles, and our bills get paid every month.

So, I got to asking myself, "Why am I not appreciating what we have? Why am I always so anxious? Why do I want to curl up in the blankets instead of being in the living room with the rest of my family?" I had read about The Happiness project from Natasha's blog (which I ADORE by the way!) and I decided to splurge on something for myself. When I first started reading the book, I was like, "This woman is educated, lives in New York, and couldn't possibly have any of the same issues I do." 

By the time I got halfway through the first chapter, I was like, "Holy cow. This is me!" Part of me was like, "Yay! I have something in common with this spectacular woman!" But then I was like, "Oh, I've got some work to do." I'll admit, I'm not even halfway through the book yet, but I've already been inspired. I won't be beginning my "project" until the beginning of the year, but there are some small things I can start today, like not being a stranger to my own blog. 

I'm making asking Josh to read it when I get done. He usually ignores my requests for him to read my vast collection of self-help books (Hey, don't judge, you can learn from anywhere, right?), but this time I think he might actually do it.

So here's to my homecoming blog! It's kinda good to be back!
Laters-
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment