Friday, January 18, 2013

Things I'm Obsessed With: Girly Things

I honestly have no idea how many men read my blog. So to those of you who do, this post is most likely not for you.

I figure this one will be fun because after all, I AM a girl!

This time of year I always feel a little bit more feminine than usual what with it being our anniversary month and Valentine's day is right around the corner. So here we go, Girly things I'm obsessed with.

1) Nail Polish

To be specific, LA Colors Nail Lacquer.
I'm a cheapy. I don't like to spend lots of money on eye shadow or nail polish. I want lots of options for a good price. Fortunately for me, our local Dollar Tree sells these puppies for $1 each! They seem to last on my nails forever and the colors are gorgeous as you will see if you click the link above. I also like to check our local Merchandise outlets for polish that will only set you back about .25. How thrifty is that?!

2) Eye Shadow

Again, specifically LA Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow. I ALSO get this at the Dollar Tree for a whopping $1. It has 3 complimentary shades in each case. I use the Orchid colors and the Sunflower. The beauty of these are that you can use them on your eyes, cheeks, and as bronzer. Versatile, pretty and cheap... A girl's dream! The less makeup I have, the less my daughter Sofia can get into!

3) Girly Beach Reads

Yes, I know it's January. But when it's the middle of winter, the holiday bustle is over, and it seems like Spring is nowhere in sight, this is the perfect bright spot in my day. To be honest, I haven't started reading any yet, but I'm definitely making a list of books to order! So far on my list I have....

They're about a woman who explores (under pretty crappy circumstances) who she is, what she wants out of life, and her relationships with friends. I hear they're page turners, so I can't wait! 

4) Happy Music

A good song, or sometimes if you're lucky, a whole album can lift your spirits and get you in the right mindset.  For me, I have a few staples that are always in my reach in the Jeep. Of course there are so many other albums that can get you going, but for some reason, these are my go-to mood lifters.

Any and all things Miranda Lambert. I just LOVE her and in my eyes she can do no wrong musically. Every album is different, so my favorite depends  on the day.






P!nk

To be honest, I'm not a fan of her earlier stuff, but her album I'm not dead caught my ear and I've been a huge fan ever since. Her songs are raw and real. I think by FAR her BEST album was Funhouse. That's one of those albums where I love every song that's on it.




And last but definitely not least is Fun.
Josh got me this album for Christmas this year and I am in LOVE! I listen to this one on the mornings that I have to take the kids to school. It's so upbeat (even if the lyrics aren't happy, the beat is) that it's almost as energizing as coffee in the mornings. I listen to it at least once a day and I couldn't be more thrilled! Thanks, Josh!



5) Roses

credit

Admittedly these haven't always been my favorite flower and they still aren't. I'm still a daisy girl, but with the big LOVE day coming up, you can't help but get sucked into the sight or scent of these classic floral staples. Rose perfume, rose scented candles, the actual flowers themselves.... it's endless.
I recently purchased a limited-time-only Rose scented candle made by Better Homes and Gardens at Wal-Mart. It smells like the real thing! That's something that's kind of rare when it come to rose scented items.

I also made some Rose facial toner the other day out of rose petals. It smells heavenly!

Rose Toner:
Take 1 Cup packed rose petals and pour 2 cups boiling water over them in a deep bowl.
Steep for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, squeeze all the petals to get the toner out and discard petals.
Strain your toner and store in a pretty apothecary jar.

Easy peasy!

So there's my girly round up! Enjoy!

Happy reading!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment