Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recipe: Southern Style Sloppy Joes

I found this recipe through Southern Living's website and thought I'd give it a whirl with a few changes so I could use what I had on hand.

Sloppy Joes

2 lbs ground beef
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 can diced tomatoes ( I used the kind with the green chiles in it. It was awesome, but it was too hot for the kids.)
1 loaf Italian bread
Shredded cheddar ( as needed)

Cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.

Add ketchup, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, and can of tomatoes. Stir.

Simmer for 10 minutes.

While that's simmering, slice your Italian bread and cover with melted butter. Cook in oven on 350 until crispy.

Top bread with sloppy joe mix and sprinkle cheese on top.


There you have it! Easy peasy dinner in about 30 minutes. We have 5 people in our household an this made enough for everyone to have two servings each. I hope you enjoy!

Happy noshing!

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment