Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday

This isn't your average Throwback Thursday where I post old pictures of myself. 

 No one wants me to do that. I grew up in the 80's and 90's, enough said. 

Nope, I figured since my blog is about the South somewhat  after all, I should, you know, post about it every now and then. 

I have every intention of posting some things I learned while reading Bittersweet Country by Ellen Cray Massey. 
It's a book I inherited from my great- grandpa about the early years in the Ozarks ( the area where I'm from).



Every post will have some facts and day-in-the-life examples. I've read it before and it was so interesting to me, but it's been awhile, so I need to re-read. 

I know personally, by the time I cared where my family came from and southern traditions, the people who would have answers had already passed on. 

This way I can start new and teach my children. 

Whether or not we use these skills everyday or not, it's still nice to know how. 

Oh, and just to be a good sport, here's my kindergarten picture. Note the acid wash dress and the untamable cowlick. 


I'll see you next Thurdsday!

Be excited. 

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment