Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Manic Monday

This title truly describes our Monday.
I was so busy yesterday sewing, cleaning, running, and babysitting that I didn't have a chance to blog. 

We had a plan on Monday, and some things we stuck with, yet other events were thrown in randomly. 

Our first stop was out to a farm to get some fresh milk and free range chicken eggs. We had never had raw milk and quite frankly, we scoffed at it. I'm not against store bought and I wouldn't pay extra for raw milk. This purchased saved me money, plain and simple. The eggs were $1.50 a dozen and the milk was $3.50/ gallon. But, the milk has a layer of cream on the top that filled a pint jar. I used it for my creamer and on my next purchase, I will be making butter with the cream. So... A gallon of milk and a pint of cream for $3.50... Yeah, count me in. 




After that we headed out to Ponca to see how high the water was when we discovered a preserved farm that we had never noticed before. Being the adventurers we are, we decided to check it out. 




This is the barn. 






Hoops anyone? Josh had to explain to me why this bucket was nailed to a tree, you know, cause I'm oblivious. 


This is the actual cabin. I really want our next family portrait shoot to be here. 
Like, desperately. 






This is the smokehouse. 


Back porch. 


Root cellar. My Nanny's house has one of these. My mom said scorpions used to run rampant in it. 
*shudders*


Pretty sure we all know what this is. 



And finally, the Chicken coop



Sawyer was grumbly at this point. He doesn't really care for nature or the heat. 

We headed about a mile down the road and went to one of the viewing areas for Elk spotting. We only got to see a baby one from really far away, but Sawyer got to read about them and Sofia got to climb and run.  





After we left there, we went one of our good friend's homes to pick wild blackberries. I intend to make some blackberry vanilla jam with them later. I didn't get any pictures of the picking because the kids were purple and cranky at this point. 

After some naps were over, we headed to my dad's to vacuum our vehicles and let the kids play in the sprinkler. 

I love our Monday adventures! 

What day does your family like to have adventures on and what are some of your favorite things to do? 

Don't forget to like my page on Facebook!
Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment