Friday, August 9, 2013

Homemade Swiffer Wet Jet Cloth

Today I have hit a wall. An ick wall to be exact. I was pushing through full steam until lunch time when I just went downhill quickly. 

Fortunately, I start my day at about 5 in the morning, so a large chunk of my work was already finished. 

Unfortunately, part of that work came to fruition because my Swiffer cloth I made 2 years ago bit the dust this morning. It was simply worked to death. 

A few years ago I decided to find a frugal way to replace the never ending purchases of wet Swiffer cloths. I was going through them at a ridiculous rate. 

So here's what I came up with:

It's not perfect stitching by any means, but I don't think my Swiffer minds. 

I really, really stink at tutorials, so just bear with me. 

Materials:
Velcro strips (enough to cut into four 2 inch pieces) 
Durable washcloth
Sewing machine/or needle
Thread

The first thing you need to do is find a high quality, durable washcloth. 
Fold it in half and sew along all the edges. It should look like this:


Once you have that done, you get yourself some Velcro. Walmart sells long strips. 

Cut into four 2 inch long strips. 
(I forgot to get a picture of this. I told you I'm not good at this.)

Make sure you're using the soft side of the Velcro. 

Pin each piece in the corner of your washcloth. 


Yay! Look at how awesome you are. So nifty, you. 

Sew each piece on making sure you see the edges so they don't pull off. 



Once you have all 4 sewn on, you're ready to attach the cloth to your Swiffer and get to cleaning!

Congratulations. You are now a frugal goddess.  

Good on you.

Don't forget to like my page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment