Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thank God for Fridays

Hey, friends! This week has been a bit of a roller coaster, but it was nothing that we couldn't handle.
HOWEVER, I personally am thrilled that it's the weekend. Hello! I finally get to hit the yard and get it looking nice again. 

It's our year of living intentionally at our house (we have gotten a late start though) and we're trying to make the most of the time we have. 

Here's a little how our yesterday went:

What we did:

I had an eye appointment early for CONTACTS! Woo hoo! I can't tell you how nice it is to not have my glasses sliding down my face constantly. I went to push my glasses up the other day like I usually do and I managed to stab myself in the eye.

I'm a genius. 

That evening, the kids and I went to Papaw's to teach them how hard work in the yard earns them Oreos. 



Unfortunately, too many Oreos kept Sofia up with a tummy ache last night. 

Be glad I don't have a picture of that...

Josh and Sofia worked on replacing our headlight in the car.




She didn't learn much other than how to be ridiculously cute....



While Josh was at the store getting the headlight parts, he surprised us by buying Frozen! We've watched it 3 times already. When we aren't watching it, we're singing the songs. 


Our poor Josh. 


What we ate:

While I was waiting for my eye appointment, I was researching and thinking of snack ideas for the kids that involve fruit (since it's about to  be pretty affordable) but I wanted it to be more than just fruit. 

I like to complicate things. 

I found some strawberries on sale and grabbed two boxes and some vanilla Greek yogurt. 

Snack #1:
Yogurt dipped strawberries




Yeah, it's basically what it says. 
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Dip strawberries in Greek yogurt a few times and lay on the cookie sheet. 
Let freeze about an hour. 
(I say an hour because I'm lazy and forget to check on things for a substantial amount of time sometimes. This was one of those times. They may be done sooner.)
When fully frozen, cut tops of strawberries off and cut in half. 
I stored mine in a freezer bag. 

Snack #2:
Strawberry frozen yogurt pops:



Take half a container of strawberries and 1 cup Greek yogurt and place in a blender. 
Liquify the fire out of it. 
Pour into ridiculously cute Popsicle molds and place in freezer. 

I didn't measure when I made these and ended up with a yummy smoothie afterwards. Kind of like a "good-job-at-making-these-fun-snacks-Mom" reward. 



Snack #3 
Peanut butter dipped banana slices:


Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
Take two bananas and slice each slice thick enough to stick a Popsicle stick in it. 
Melt 3/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. 
Stick popsicle sticks into your banana slices and dip into the beanit butter until covered.
 Lay on cookie sheet for an hour or until frozen. 
Again, I stored these in a freezer bag. 

For lunch I made lemon chicken on a garlic butter/ Parmesan covered bed of noodles and garnished with cherry tomatoes and basil. 

I don't have a recipe for this because I threw it together and then decided to take a picture because I thought it was pretty. 

Oops


What we read:



Our lesson books for our first Sunday school class!
We teach our first class tomorrow. We're nervous, of course, because we don't know the youth well, and they don't know us. But we'll manage!

So, there's our Friday, friends!

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment