Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Recap

Hello, friends! Happy Monday!

I hope you guys had a great weekend! We mostly just bummed around the house for the most part.

Saturday was Yard Day. Yard Day is the first day in Spring when we clean up the yard from the prep that wasn't done during the Fall.

Let me explain, what we're supposed to do around our yard in the Fall is:
  • Rake leaves and mulch them, then toss in garden to compost over winter.
  • Rake remaining leaves to the curb for city pickup.
  • Sort through broken/outgrown yard toys and dispose of/donate
  • Mow one last time so snow will be pretty when it falls
  • Fall clean the shed to make holiday decorating easy
  • Sweep roof at the end of Fall to mak sure we don't have tree litter on the roof.
Okay, those are some of the things that I would like to get accomlished before we're cooped up for the winter.
However, what usually gets accomplished is the mowing and the leaf mulching.

So we spent our Saturday raking leaves and going through  yard toys.

While raking, we saw our first snake of the season. It kind of surprised me, but it definitely didn't scare me, since it's just a little garter snake.

Hey, there, little guy!
After the kids finished their hard work of picking up sticks, Josh made them a shooting target out of the back of an old chair. Unfortunately, the material was too thick for a BB to go through, but it was an awesome idea!


The rest of the weekend was captured in short shots here and there,

like....




Josh getting our garden tilled





 
Our first fire pit use of the year






My family's inability to all pose for a picture at once.

 
Like... Ever.






My discovery that wet chalk works better.


Therefore, I had to chalk everything that was chalkable in the house.
This happened to be one side of Josh's tool cabinet in the back. I painted it with chalkboard paint so he could write measurements down on it. 
 
Now he can never have it back.





 
I've been daffodil crazy for the last two weeks. It's added such a fresh feeling to the house. 
I love Spring.
 
 
 
 
 


Then I woke up this morning and did this. Yes, it's certainly homemade looking, but I didn't have any tacks or stencils around, so I improvised...
...because I'm impatient.








No, this isn't my picture. Here's the link to the pin.
We had potluck this Sunday at church. Usually I don't attempt recipes that I haven't tested yet when other people will be eating it, but I lucked out this time.
They were good.



So, this was my weekend wrap up. How did your weekend go? Hope it was great!
Happy Monday!
-Heather
 

No comments:

Post a Comment