Monday, March 24, 2014

Things I'm Obsessed With: Sewing Projects



First of all, whatcha think about the new blog look?!
I'm pretty stoked about it.

Now, back to business. I'm not quite sure what hit me this week, but I have been wanting to sew like crazy! Of course I took to Pinterest to locate all kinds of impossible-to-finish projects. Okay, well, not impossible, but time consuming and easy-to-mess up projects.

However, I plan on getting these done because, well, they're so practical and they're much-needed items around here.

First on my list is this wallet phone case. I've seen these sold, but there's something gratifying in making your own things. I have my material layed out for this project, I simply need to focus long enough to start and finish it.

 
Pin link here...
                                                       I mean, how cute is that?






Next is a pie carrier. Since I married a pie enthusiast, this is kind of essential to me. *sigh*

                                         
Pin link here...





Then we have a casserole carrier.
I mean, I'm Southern Baptist. I know casseroles and potlucks. Yet another essential.

Pin link here...




 Then we have possibly one of the most genius ideas ever. It's a Velcro bed skirt tutorial! It just Velcroes to your box spring mattress. I can't tell you how many times I went to put on my bed skirt and ended up an anxiety-ridden, sweaty mess after my mattress fell on me and I couldn't get out.

I. Could. Have. Died.

So this... this is life-saving, people!

Pin link here...




Yep... It's getting to be that time where my oldest is about to lose some baby teeth. I probably should hustle on this one then. I plan on making two, so I can just switch out pillows, therefore, have minimal chances of waking the child.

*sings*
I'm a geeeenius!

Pin link here...




Finally, we have a gorgeous purse/ bag/submarine (that last one is most likely what my husband would call it on account of it's size). I have a slight obsession with purses that I have managed to get under control throughout the years.
By 'under control', what I really mean is my husband asks me, " Do you really need another purse?" so often that it sucks any kind of fun out of buying one. Now I must resort to making them, because I haven't tired of hearing the same question asked about fabric yet.

So there...

Pin link here...
These projects should keep me busy for a couple of months (fewer if I had it my way).

Thanks for taking a peek at these fun projects!

Happy sewing!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment