Saturday, February 7, 2015

Things I'm obsessed With: January

Hey there, friends!

It's the weekend! 
Although, since I'm a stay-at-home mom, this means nothing to me. 

*shrugs*

That's okay though. For me personally, it's always a relief when the weekend rolls around because there's fewer errands to run, and the ones that I do have to run are usually fun ones.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

It feels like it's been forever since I've done a Things I'm Obsessed With post, so I figured I would start fresh this year.

This month I've been obsessed with:

The Piano 

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano. I mostly remember how to read sheet music from being a choir nerd in school, but it's very different singing a note versus playing it on an instrument. So far, I can handle a song with one flat or sharp, but obviously I do my best in the key of C. You know, enough for it to seem like a cool party trick. I've learned a few beginner classics like Fur Elise, Pachelbel Canon, Greensleeves, and the the beginning of Let It Go. because when you have a three year old daughter, that's going to be a request.
I'm currently learning this song though!

My favorite show!

Makeup

I've always worn makeup, but for the most part, I've never played with makeup.
Yes, you can do that as an adult. 
I've been experimenting with different brands, cream vs powder blush, and I've finally learned how to fill in my eyebrows. 
Yes, ladies, it makes a difference and completes a look. 
End of story, Amen.
I've worn Neutrogena mineral powder foundation for forever, but I hate paying almost $13 a month to buy it. But recently, I've discovered Rimmel cosmetics and so far, I'm in LOVE.

Right now I'm using:
FInd it here.

Find it here.   



I got the Stay Matte because it was recommended by a beauty YouYuber (more about that in a moment.) Usually my face isn't shiny in the wintertime because it's too busy flaking off to be able to produce shine. But I'm using so much moisturizer right now that I have to neutralize that somehow.
I eventually want to branch out to other products in the brand, but for now I need to use up what I have in my stash.

YouTube

When Sawyer is doing his workbooks during school, I have to have something going on in the background because I'd go crazy otherwise. So I put in my ear buds and turn on my favorite channels. At the moment, my favorites are all British. I've watched them so much that I've found myself almost speaking with a British accent.
Three of the channels I've been watching are:

Tanya Burr-
  












Her channel has all kinds of makeup tutorials, shopping trips, and other fun things. She also does vlogs where you can watch her go on random adventures around London.
You can find her channel here.

Zoella-

 She's honest, quirky, hilarious, and glamorous, all rolled into one. She also has beauty videos, as well as a vlog channel. 
You can find her channel here.

And last but not least, 
Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter.

She is absolutely my favorite because I can relate to her the most. She has a husband and a child, and is shaped more like me, so I can  look at her fashion and be inspired. And she is absolutely lovely and hilarious, plus, her best friend is Zoella, and their videos together have me in stitches.
You can find her channel here. 

These three ladies have changed my perspective about what being a woman is about. They're pretty much awesomesauce.

Fashion


Most of you who know me are "Whaaaat?"  I know, it shocked me, too. In fact, it kind of snuck up on me. It started when I styled my niece for a dance that she went to. As I went from store to store putting items of clothing together, I found that even though I was tired and "hangry", I was enjoying the challenge. It just kind of grew from there. Then I bought a few clothing items that are not my norm, loved them, and I was hooked from then on. I tend to like more classic pieces that can be worn together and are comfortable. 









 


With a little bit of nerd thrown in for good measure...



 You can find more of my style, plus all of the websites where these looks are on my fashion Pinterest board.



Chapstick

It's winter. Lip chap (as Josh calls it) is an essential. I have to be careful about what lipsticks and chapsticks I use, because most products dry my lips out quickly. I don't know why, but it's a sad, sad truth. 

My go to is 

It's not pretty, it doesn't smell nor taste yummy, and it doesn't have any color or shine to it, but it works. 
Really, it's pointless for me to buy anything else, but I always do because well, I'm an addict. 
Recently I also bought a three pack that has the Blistex Deep Renewal, Silk and Shine, and Lip Vibrance in it. They all suck the moisture out of my lips by the end of the day (I think that's a Heather thing, not a Blistex thing) but they each have a different purpose in my beauty routine, so they're keepers! I've used Silk and Shine since I got it in my Christmas stocking in high school. I think it pairs well with a smokey eye because it has a subtle shimmer that enhances your natural lip color. I love it!

Alrighty, that wraps up my January obsessions, y'all! I hope each of you have found something to obsess over on this list! 

Have great weekend!

-Heather
 

No comments:

Post a Comment