Monday, March 26, 2012

Rainbow Brite Cake

So, when my sister's birthday rolls around, I like to do "throwback" cakes for her. This last year, I decided to do a Rainbow Brite cake with Twink on it.

First, I found this recipe. I followed it straight through. I rolled out pre-made colored fondant and cut out stars. I twisted the rest of the leftover  fondant into a long string and used it as a bottom border.

Next, I took Rice Krispies Treats and rolled a big ball. I stuck a smaller ball on top of that and put a dowel through both of them. then I made the arms and legs, covered them in the fondant and stuck them to the cake using long toothpicks. I found some star candles at Wal-Mart and used those as his headpiece. Finally, I "starred" the icing all over him, and then I stuck the larger dowel deep in the cake to ensure he stayed put.

It was a fun cake to make. I'm thinking of doing a Strawberry Shortcake cake for my daughter's first birthday in May.




 Happy Eating!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment