Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Monsters

 Around Christmas time, I suddenly got the hankerin' to fiddle with a sewing machine.

I had only touched one before in my entire life, so I had no idea how this was going to roll. I started with a simple pillow using material from when we reupholstered our dining room chairs, and a pretty white damask print for the back. The pillow turned out pretty nicely, so I was convinced I could sew ALL of the Christmas gifts for family.

 Okay-  That was the DUMBEST thing I've ever done! I started with only two weeks until Christmas and I had only used a sewing machine twice. I made three car organizers ( I didn't get any pictures of those but here's the tutorial), then I made a nom-nom-nom pillow for my oldest nephew. I got the idea here.

My camera was about to run out of batteries, so the picture is blurry.

Then, I found a nifty tutorial for a pillow for my niece.


 Finally, I decided  to make little monsters for my son and nephews.




I think it's kind of funny how they each look like their monster. It was a complete accident!
 You can also see my Mama on the far left with her peace sign pillow. (Yes, she's a hippie and not ashamed of it.) This is the only picture That I have of it.

 So, all in all, everything turned out well and the kids loved their presents and I will never take on so much sewing in such a short time again! =0)

Happy sewing,
Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment