Friday, May 16, 2014

Date Night at T's BBQ!

Hey, friends!

Guess what I got to do last night?

I got to go on a bonafide date night. 

I know. Most of you are probably saying, "A what night? Those things actually exist?!"

I had forgotten as well. 

Fortunately for us, one of my best friends and her husband celebrated their soft opening for their new bbq restaurant in town! It was the perfect excuse to slip out for the evening!

I had been looking forward to this night for a long time. I was so excited and nervous for them. I mean, if I didn't like something, I was going to have to tell them, and that would be unpleasant. 

Well, I'm super happy to report that I left there satisfied an my belly was quite happy. I wish I had gotten to choose a little bit of everything because it all looked So amazing. 

I ended up deciding on the brisket, potato salad, and wedge fries. 



I always eat my sides first so I jumped right in to my fries. 
Let me tell you friends, I wish I had ordered a to go wagon load of those. 
They were so good!

And the brisket? 

Absolute perfection. 
It was moist, tender, and smoky. 

(To those of you who know me well, I did the happy food butt wiggle.)

Josh had the pulled pork, baked beans, and fries. 

He absolutely loved the beans. 
I've never tasted beans like that before. They tasted like a combination of chili beans, pork and beans, and baked beans. So there was a sweet, spicy, smoky flavor. 
Sooo good!



If you decide to go, both bbq sauces are good, but we actually bought the spicy one to go.

 I think Josh is a customer for life now. 

The building they renovated was a bbq joint back in the day and has since been used as all kinds of weird stores. 

They worked and put countless hours into renovating it. It was nice to see the building used for it's initial purpose again. 

I didn't get pictures of most of the interior because, well, there were other people there, and I'm sure they didn't want their picture taken. 

But I was able to capture some of the decor. 




I wish you could see all of the cool knick knacks up on the rafter. 





This is one of my signs I made for them. And yes, I know, not the best picture quality. I made a total of five and they were so fun to make!






Here's another! When Tony told me what he wanted it to say, I couldn't help but laugh. 






Here's my handsome dinner date. 

All mine. 





They have reusable cups that you can bring back in for discounted refills. 
Also, check out their phone number...

How awesome is that?

Also, I knocked this entire drink in the floor approximately 30 seconds after I took this picture. 

I was so embarrassed. 


For those of you wanting to know prices and what options are available, here is  the menu for Crawdad days weekend. It will be changing after this weekend. 



Look at those prices! They also do carry out (which we'll be taking advantage of in the future for sure.)


I know many of my local readers have been excited and curious about T's, but now you don't have to be. Just head on in because they're open to the public now! 

Happy Crawdad Days weekend, guys!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment