Saturday, April 27, 2013

DIY: Good Deed of the Day Dry Erase Board

The other day Sawyer and I had a challenge to see who could do the most good deeds and make the most people happy. We of course both won because who loses when you're helping other people?

Well, that inspired me to come up with a homemade dry erase award to hang in the kids' room to remind them of the great things they did that day.

It was a Dollar Store project and set me back $3 per project.

I started out with a picture frame. Nothing fancy and both glass or plastic are perfectly fine.
Next, I got decorative printer paper that had a cute border.
I printed " Good Deed of the Day" on the paper using the landscape option.
Then, I simply replaced the store picture with my new personalized paper.

At the end of the day, sit with your kiddos and have them remember some good deeds they did that day. Write them on the glass with a dry erase marker.

I have to tell you that as I was making the list for Sawyer, he started wanting more deeds to put on the list, so he picked up the living room, put away his shoes, and picked the throw pillows up off the floor.
It seems that the encouragement is already starting to work. Good luck!

Happy crafting!
-Heather

I swear I could NOT get an un-blurry picture of this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment